The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trans mount bolt thread?

Brunoboy

I need to know what the thread is for the trans mount to trans.

Brunoboy

Lowes doesn't have it, anywhere have it???

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hard to find these, as most here use ISO instead of JIS, so they will be 12 x 1.5 or 1.75.

Have an Orchard Supply nearby?

Brunoboy

I do have an Orchard supply, ISO JIS? The reason being is after i switched the trans my old bolts didnt fit in the new trans, and I have no idea why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

89Mirageman

Sounds like the threaded holes on your new(er) tranny are stripped. Pretty much every Mitsu that I have seen from that era has the same size bolts holing the tranny mount on. There should be enough material there to drill/tap if thats the case. Or maybe a slightly longer bolt. I think the ones that hold the cam gears to the cams are a little longer.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

The bolts I have from the older tranny are bigger than the holes in the new tranny.

89Mirageman

Hmm, that's weird. Is it a 2g dsm tranny? If the bolts are smaller I would guess 10mm 1.25 thread pitch.

Brunoboy

The wad of the bolt is a 17mm, I don't think it's an oem bolt in the first place, and not sure about it being a 2g tranny. The new one is from uncleben on here and it's a tre stage 2.
-shane

89Mirageman

Can you post some pics of both trannies? Also the bolt that fits the old tranny?

Brunoboy

I bought two 12x1.25 30mm from lowes and added two washers a piece and it works. thanks guys. The other bolts I believe at 12x1.50/.75 retapped...

89Mirageman

Glad you got it sorted, I know something didn't sound right.

Brunoboy

My front trans bolt doesn't thread now -____-

Brunoboy

Got one that was listed on vfaq for thread pattern didn't work, went to the junkyard and it was correct.
-shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned