The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

turbo blanket

curtis

Who has one, used one, bought one and does anyone on here sell them. Asking about the ones that are sewn up u shaped pieces.

Friend ran by today and wants me to order one from ebay but there's alot of them all different non standard prices and want to know if anyone has found one is way better than others.

Thanks

ktmrider

Had one on the late LGT, PTP brand.

Ran some thermal measurements in and around the engine bay, average drop was about 50 degrees F. The stock TMIC endtanks are composite material however the section above the turbo definitely felt cooler to the touch post install. This was in addition to having the down-pipe wrapped with thermal material.

My tune was pretty sharp prior to use, the butt dyno and tach seemed to point to quicker spool ( no empirical data tho ).

So for $80 and 15 minutes I would use one again.

Last edited:

bazeng

I'm using them on both the VR4 and AMG.
They seem to work well. Mind you my housings are also ceramic coated.

Keep in mind that they are a pain in the butt to get on with our setups being low mount. Also the blankets do not like exhaust gases! so make sure you keep your dump pipe bolts tight as they harden and flake with exhaust heat.

I purchased the below:
imgp0773.jpg

I have used one on my vr4 as well. found similar results to the others. faster spool and felt quicker, also less heat in the engine bay.

This is the one I am using right now.

click

click

Seems to me to be good quality but I have never seen any other brands up close. I almost pulled the trigger on one of those ebay kinds that looks like carbon fiber but after extensive research I found people on different forums saying they were junk and that they fall apart easy. I dont have first hand experience with the ebay brands though.

There is also a ThermoTec style wrap that you can use but it comes in pieces and you kind of piece it together and then wire wrap it IIRC.

FWIW, these all look the same as the one I have:

click

Yup, the grey one that I have looks exactly like the ptp grey one pictured on their site.

Maybe try that and save yourself 50 bucks over the one BL sells. If you are company loyal maybe they will price match, who knows. Looks like I overpaid by 50 bucks. Fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigblock4g63

click

very well made and its on 109.00 shipped

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned