The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil pan reseal

Brunoboy

Ok so I resealed the oil pan using black RTV, I did this because I replaced the rear main seal, I have 5 short bolts, two went into the rear housing and the other three went to the oil pump and then timing belt, is this correct?
-shane

SmoothCustomer

Are you asking about the ones that actually bolt the pan itself to the block, or the front case to the block? I will assume the first one. You only need two short ones, and they go under where the timing belt comes through. You can see where they stick up so it should be obvious which ones are these. You have five short ones for some reason which is fine. I used to run a set that had all of them slightly shorter just so I didn't have to mess with sizing them and it worked out great.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

I wasn't sure but I put the shorter ones in the oil pump hole and te other two that are right under the timing belt next to the oil pump.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts