The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Squeaky belt, tensioner, pulley

Whenever i start my car after its been sitting for a while and start it, it squeaks and only when it gets warmed up does it not squeak. Any one had this and know what it is? I just replaced the serpentine belt very recently.

CutlassJim

The fact that a 91-92 Galant VR4 doesn't have a serpentine belt makes me nervous.

If the belt is new then the best you can do is clean the pulleys and tension it more. However, I would not recommend taking the water pump pulley off unless you have to. It is a nightmare to get back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts