The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quick question - ISC voltage + how does stock idle work on stock ecu?

bazeng

Hi guys,

As the topic states,
I'm just wondering if it is meant to be 6v or 12v?

The link below states that 6v must be used to test the ISC motor but I'm getting 12v out of my loom to the ISC (middle 2 pins).
click

Please confirm.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Supply voltage is 12v

donkeylips

'91 Talon factory service manual says to use about 6V. I just did this three days ago, and although my resistances checked out, applying the 6V did nothing.

Last edited:

click

Check out that link for way more info than you'd ever want to know about the ISC/IAC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bazeng

Do you guys know if the stock ecu needs a air flow meter reading in order to operate?

I'm trying to use the stock ecu to control idle only.

This means
- ac relay output
- ps switch input
- ac switch input
- stepper motor control
- idle stop switch

I've also wired in speed and cas signals to let the ecu know that it is up and running.

I've got a Motec M4 (basic) ecu to control fuel and ignition + boost.

So far the stock ecu is not doing with the idle control.

Also when I gnd the timing pin, the stepper motor doesn't react at all, should it reset when this happens?

donkeylips

Not sure if this will help, but I can tell you that the car will run with the MAS unplugged. Just not well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned