The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wheel fitment question

Muggus

Found a nice set of kosei k1 and was just wondering if they would fit. First off I can't find the hub bore size on the wheels. I tried calling tire rack but there number doesn't work, the wheels are 16x7.5 with a +32 offset. The tired on it are 225/50/16. I still have the stock 4 bolt hubs, I think the size is 67mm? Correct that if its wrong. Thanks

Muggus

Oh alright, i figured they would fit. I just wasnt sure if that offset with that meaty of a tire would fit under the fender. Also the hub size because the owner doesnt know it and i cant find it online. Would all the k1's have the same hub bore size? What offset are you running? Thanks

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Quoting CSMShaun:
I have 17" Kosei K1's with 235/45 17 tires and they fit fine. I do have plastic hub spacers though.

Plastic? you mean Hub Centric Rings?

Yea you are gonna need spacers if you do 235/45/17. Only in the front though the back will be fine. Unless you roll your front fenders like i did. Go with the spacers though thats my opinion.

Muggus

Well i was just wondering if the ones im looking at would fit because of the offset. I wasnt sure if they would stick out too much and with that 50 sidewall maybe hit the fender.

Hmm well the evo wheel is 45. So you may have an issue but to pull the wheels in thats simple camber adjustments. And yes you may just have to roll the fenders. Can you try it on the car first before you purchase?

CSMShaun

Quoting brunoboy:
Plastic? you mean Hub Centric Rings?

That would be exactly what I was referring to. I was severely hung-over...

vr4play

I have run 16x7.5 with 245/45/16 with a +20mm offset without any problems so a 225/50/16 should fit. The 35mm offset should set the wheel inside the fender 15mm more.

I was thinking he was talking about the tires aswell :-/. . Because stock evo comes with 235/45/17

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned