The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

K-sport coilovers

Hey so I saw tunersnation sold k-sport coilovers has anyone ever used these before are they any good?

Galantvr41062

They are as good as you can expect for around $900 for the set. If you want real quality look at JIC or Tien coil overs. The K sports have some issues with the valve settings, one shocks lightest setting may be stiff as the strongest setting on another shock. But you can adjust spring pre-load, adjust the body height, etc. Some cars have issues with noise while turning and shocks can blow out, but they are replaceable.

~John

Last edited:

alansupra94

I have heard from several forums that they will leak. I personally would just save up and get something nice.

KiNgMaRtY

Yep, I had set for an 89 Mazda MX-6 GT 4ws Turbo and I blew one within about 150 miles. The other front blew before the 1k mark. Then one of the rears started leaking. I sold them shortly after as the 1 year warranty was about to run. Never again.

The BC set looks intriguing and haven't heard bad things about it yet, but then again it hasn't been out for very long.

I love my Koni/H&R setup. I may get some ground controls in the future

PreskitVR4

have K-Sport on my DSM 95% race car, three years old now, no issues. gotta bend these cheesy tabs to hold brake lines, where as ive heard that the new BCs have all of the brake line provisions. sounds like a better set up for a street car

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts