The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO 8 intercooler piping route.

Hi I just recently bought a new factory evo 8 intercooler and was wondering if anyone knows of all the bends of pipes I need. Is this a decent upgrade from stock intercooler?

KiNgMaRtY

The stock intercooler is very small so it is indeed a better upgrade. I am unsure of the piping needed though

OMFGeofffff

There was a member that made kits for these IC's but he's long gone. Here's his thread it has plenty of pics.

web page

Last edited:

1990ggsxnj

Others have had no problems with those kits but I had issue getting mine to line up and fit without cutting too much. I would just opt for an ETS set (which I'm going for soon come tax return time). If you're desperate in the meantime you can try a conquest intercooler, or the like.

CarRacer

I put an Evo intercooler on my car. It needed to have the inlet turned and rewelded to fit correctly though. I was happy with how it turned out and I was able to fabricate my piping from a set of bends purchased from Modern Automotive Performance.
Build thread with pictures.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts