The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stepper motor / Idle control inputs to ecu - ?? what inputs are used??

bazeng

Hi guys!

I thought I posted this up yesterday but it must have not sent as I did it on my phone.
Anyway, My question is to those who understand exactly how the stock ecu works.

The question is:
What inputs are required for the stock ecu to control idle via the stepper motor?

I am running a Motec M4 which are quite limited to the amounts of inputs and outputs. I need to setup idle control as the AMG doesn't like to idle below 1400 rpm and also doesn't like to idle with full lock p/s and air con on. So I really need idle control on this car to make it nice to drive.

My guess is that the STOCK ECU needs
1. rpm
2. p/s switch (bump up idle)
3. air con switch (bump up idle and turn on a/c compressor)

apart from the the obvious dc supply etc.

I will only be wiring in the stock ECU to simply control idle + aircon.

Any info greatly appreciated!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts