The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

After warming up car cuts out / ANY SUGGESTIONS????HELP

This is driving me completely insane . When i start the car it runs fine idles ok no problem . After the car has been running for maybe two minuites when driving its ok until about 3k rpm and it starts to cut out and the car jerks until i let off . If i hold the clutch in turn the key , shut it off (WHILE COASTING) , turn they key and start the car again it will run fine no cut or jerk even to redline , Then after two minites go by it cuts and jerks again about 3th rpms or half throttle . so again i hold the clutch on , turn off, glide , turn back on and all is good until two min later , so every 3 min repeat turn off process . its horrible !!!! So far two different shops cant fix it . Running stock boost , buschur 3inch dp hi flow cat and exhaust . ok I have capped all the vacume lines thinking it may be a boost leak/ changed the maf/ new alternator / new plugs / changed the ecu/ tried wallbro 255lph fuel pump / tested again for boost leak via system pressure test / new battery / new water pump new o2 sensor / new bov/ new fuel filter/ . And replaced thermostat , radiator , water pump timing belt and head gasket . Any ideas suggestions , knowledge is greatly appriciated Thanks its driving me insane !!!!

You said that you replaced your plugs, but were you getting spark from your plugs? Check to see if all of your plugs are getting a spark. If no then move on to plug wires, test those, then coil...

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts