The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

N/A Throttle Body - Differences/General Questions

DynastyLCD

tried some searching around without any luck...

i came across a 2g N/A 4G63 throttle body, got it for free. needs a set of shaft seals (what DSM throttle body dosent) and the throttle sicks slightly. im curious of the difference between the N/A 2g throttle body, and the N/A 1g throttle body. so heres my questions...

should i ditch this thing and get a 1g one? or should i just swap the sensors over and run it?

i also found shaft seals on expsi for the turbo throttle body, would those work in an N/A throttle body as well?

is there a size difference between 1g N/A throttle body, and the 2g N/A version?

thoughts are much appreciated!

Boostdtalon

all N/A 2g's were 420A's not 4G63's. So if thats the case it's no use to you. that much i can tell you. I'm sure someone else can tell you about the rest.

Struc

There is no such thing as a 2G N/A 4g63 throttle body. The N/A 2G came with a Chrysler 420A engine. The N/A 2G Spyder came with a 4G64. So, it's hard to answer any of your questions. Got pictures?

Even the 2G Turbo 4G63 had a smaller opening, though, so I'm guessing you would want a 1G one. Pretty sure both the turbo and non-turbo 1G throttle body are 60mm, while the 2G stuff was 54mm.

DynastyLCD

very very very interesting.

background: friend of mine picked up a 2g, 7 bolt, with a 6 bolt head. throttle body was sticking, called me for a replacement. this one looks identical to a 2g turbo one, except the lines that would feed the emissions components are non-existant. all the sensors were for a 2g, but that can surely be swapped quickly. maybe it is a 1g N/A one?

i will snap pics whenever i find my camera...

89Mirageman

I have two na 1g throttle bodies in my FS thread that you could compare to yours.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned