The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Good torque wrench model for low-medium torque range?

spoulson

Does anybody make a good (and affordable?) torque wrench that can do in-lbs and up to, say, 50 ft-lbs?

I'm looking for a good tool to do the medium-low duty torque settings for things like trans cases, intake manifolds, etc. I already have an SK 1/2" wrench that starts at 50 ft-lbs that does the job for heavy duty. But, SK doesn't seem to have one wrench that'll do everything below 50 ft-lbs.

I use craftsman, similar to these models.

ft lbs

in lbs

1 inch pound force = 0.0833333333 foot pounds

Last edited by a moderator:

number3

I have a Craftsman and a Husky

Dan D

I have a craftsman beam and a proto dial in 3/8th.
The dial is a little more accurate but requires more frequent calibration. For non engine items I like the beam for that reason. For engine fasteners and other critical items, I like the dial. There's a big price difference too.

Well as a technician you can't beat snap-ons calibrated precision torque wrenches. Given they are about 500 dollars they are worth all the money I have had mine for about two years now and its still dead on torqueing.

nickbuilt

snap-on tech angle digital torque wrench either 3/8 or 1/2 inch I personally own both there awesome!

-nick

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned