The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4.3 Ceramic Clutch

Launch

click
Any thoughts or more importantly has anyone ran one of these with the Fidanza lightweight 8lb alum flywheel? Comparable to a ACT2600 6 puck?
Anyone experence low oil psi/idle problems?

talontyme

Two of my friends are running this clutch(2g fwd,2g awd)and both of them swear by them although the 2g awd disc did shoot out a spring but fidanza said it was a fluke and gave him a new one and the clutch was over a year old.

mitsuturbo

Why would a clutch cause low oil pressure? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I wouldn't run a fidanza flywheel. I know of some guys who have run them with no issues, but i know of plenty more who have run into all sorts of problems with them. The worst of which being the pressure plate bolt hole threads not holding like they should.

jepherz

Staff member
He coupled "low oil pressure" with RPMs, so I think he's referring to stalling when coming off of throttle?

thecman02

It is an okay setup. I had trouble with a spring popping out of the hub assembly. It was warrantied, and they also changed the design. Driveablitiy was no problem, and the clutch pedal was almost too light haha.

Launch

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Why would a clutch cause low oil pressure? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I wouldn't run a fidanza flywheel. I know of some guys who have run them with no issues, but i know of plenty more who have run into all sorts of problems with them. The worst of which being the pressure plate bolt hole threads not holding like they should.

-Were they using a install kit? (ie mitsu auto bolt flange) ...Or just using grade10 hardware tq'd directly into soft alum not made to withstand direct clamping foreces in that way? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
-Which model was this specific to,

Quoting jepherz:
He coupled "low oil pressure" with RPMs, so I think he's referring to stalling when coming off of throttle?

Correct.

Research isnt showing the fidanza clutch to be any stronger than its ACT brothern... I think I'll stick to my extreme2600PP and full face disk for this one, At this point i know what to expect from this type of clutch. No drag racing for me in this car, but it'll see some light road racing use one day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BrandonEchols

Personally I've decided to never again run a sprung disk of any sort unless the springs are fully enclosed.
Seen and heard of losing the springs way to many times to make it worth the risk.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned