The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bogging under boost at 5-6k plus

ma70t

car is mostly stock has dp exhaust hi flo cat exhaust and intake with 16g turbo and 550cc
recently change plugs plus wire and fuel filter and still the same thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Does it still accelerate but very sluggish as if to lose all power or are you talking about more of a studder/misfire?

ma70t

yeah seem like its missing something the rpm still goes up but it start like right around 4k but from 4k some time it pulls nice till red line and sometime it bog down

Mine was having a similar (if not the same) issue not too long ago. Still not exactly sure of the cause, but I started with plugs, then started replacing/cleaning anything I could as well as checking for boost leaks. Due to doing all this at once, after I fixed it I wasn't sure what the culprit was

Start by doing a boost leak test and lowering the gap on the plugs and go from there

2of9

how much are you boosting? do you have at least a safc to compensate the 550s and the 16g?

ma70t

im only boosting .7 bar and no kind of smoke out the back end when its doing it i already check for boost leak none but i think if it was boost leak it would be doing it every time man my supra never gets this problem hahaha 4g63 is a different world to me

Chad989of2000

Just noticed where you live...I live in Woodbridge and work in Springfield, I could definitely give the car a look and try to help you troubleshoot.

Chad989of2000

PM sent.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned