The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front balance shaft question

moduleunknown

This past weekend I replaced the oil seal on the front balance shaft (behind the small sprocket for the balance shaft belt). Upon reinstallation of the spacer that slides on the end of the shaft, into the center of the oil seal, behind the sprocket - I noticed that one side of the spacer/metal bushing looking thing has a beveled edge while the other side has a straight cut 90 degree edge. It was at this point I realized I did not pay attention to the orientation of that piece upon removal.

Luckily, I have a spare engine sitting around. So, I pulled that piece from the other engine to see how it was installed (beveled edge facing outward) and then reinstalled on the GVR4 in the same orientation without a second thought, until today. Doing the same job on a friends 90 GSX, we found that piece installed with the beveled edge facing inward.

That brings me to my question. Which way is correct, and will it be a problem or cause any sort of blockage if installed backwards? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts