The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

filtration

curtis

So I've finally completed the fuel system.

Been watching and shopping ebay for months and finally got what I needed. The problem with an insane fuel system is the extra stuff needed. I've got a fuel safe with 044 feeding a surge tank, actually a extra large aluminum extrusion with internal and external fins for cooling then from that have a sx pump that feeds a distribution block and two -6 lines going forward. Has to have a filter before the in tank pump then one before the big pump filter after the big pump and a filter in the vent tube.

As for the 2 -6 lines I have it and no use buying -10 or -12 when I have it. Problem with 2 lines is two filters then feeding both sides of the rail. That added to a filter in the tank and one before the sx pump. I've looked at a million pictures and countless hours on google images looking and kept coming back to the same part but the price was killing me but scored a new one on ebay Sunday and it showed up today. I'll probably just replicate one for my oil as well unless I can find a matching one. There some auctions for used ones on there now but the older cast pieces and not the new billet pieces with the tattle tail warning light.

So this is what it looks like and a bottle of beverage to give you a size reference. No smart comments on the winter lager either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cut away view
click me for website

Now mine came with a 115 micron and rubber not viton, they have 60 and 28 micron as well. Rubber seals on mine will be fine because the car isn't going to be an E85 monster just pump gas and meth but I may pick up a viton just encase because you never know what kind of mix is in the tank at the gas station.

Now didn't post this to brag and actually got it cheaper than a single fuel lab filter, figured I'd post this up because most people have never even heard of these.

So question to the community. Does anyone have the micron ratings for the factory fuel and oil filters?

Last edited:

I had one of those a few years back that I planned to use for oil. They are definitely large.
I would use the finest micron rating you can that will still flow enough.
If the flow info isnt on their site it would be worth a call.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned