The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Driver's axle into halfshaft **PIC**

NYC86ZC

A few weeks back I put in a new axle on the driverside. I had a really hard time getting the old axle out of the half shaft on the back of the block and hard time getting the new one in. When I hit small bumps while driving I'm hearing a hollow thud sound from the frontend and it sounds like it's coming from the driverside. I pulled the wheel and checked all bushings and bolts and everything looks tight. Then I looked at halfshaft and saw that it doesnt look like the axle is in all the way.
There's a quarter of an inch gap:

bazeng

The pic is a little blurry but the dust shield looks like it is on an angle.

That is surely an aftermarket cup...
Anyway, it looks ok to me apart from the dustshield angle...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned