The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to make evo8 maf sensor work on galant vr4 ?

Hi every one i just got evo8 maf sensor with custom harness any thing ele to make it fit on galant vr4? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cheekychimp

Yes you either need an EPROM ECU with an EVO 8 MAF specific chip (i.e. one that has the EVO 8 MAF compensation programmed in) or you need some type of programmable ECU like ECMLink that allows you to adjust the MAF compensation yourself. If not the car will run like crap if you try to install it!

Rausch

^That. Keydiver chip, DSM/ECMLink or something along those lines.

throughfaith323

The filter goes on the other side of the maf. The side you have filter on now is the exit side that attaches to the intake pipe. You will need a maf filter adaptor for the side with the four bolt holes in order to attach a filter.

jepherz

Staff member
Technically, that's not the MAF out of an EVO, but very close. Just making sure you weren't taken...

I'm not sure too . Any way thanks you guy so much for help me .I just bought the 91 galant vr4 and try adjust air fuel ratio.

Barnes

Why do you want to adjust your air fuel ratio?

It sounds like you need to step back, take a breath, and do some research first. I highly recommend you make an introductory post and talk about your galant, your car knowledge, what are your goals for the car, etc. We can probably help you much better if you get us some background to work with. It can also save you a lot of headache if you have it in your head to go a certain direction, and we know it's a bad one from experience. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Terry Posten

OK, the 3G MAS is a great upgrade and is very simple to use. Check out my car if you want to see one already done. Just click on the link in my sig below.

Get the ECU socketed (if it is not already), and get yourself a www.DMSchips.com chip made for your specific parts. Then plug the 3G MAS into the stock harness using that plug-n-play adapter you already have, put the chip in the socket and start her up.

The ECU work should cost you $50 or less if it has not already been done (PM me if you want to know more about that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif).
The DSMchip should be around $125ish (if I remember correctly).

And your ready to roll.

Terry Posten

Here is a 3" filter adapter. click

4" are also availible.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nice harness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts