The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

question on dsm nuetral safety switch

14u2nV

I know it's not vr4, but a lot of you know dsms too and may know what to do. The talon I just got was starting fine yesterday. I noticed last night that the plug to the switch on the clutch pedal was unplugged and had a jumper. I pulled it, reconnected the plug and now the car won't start. I unplugged it, still no, put a jumper back in, still no go. What am I missing? We got it started by pop-starting it, but when I turn the key, it just clicks, same as if you weren't pushing the clutch in. I don't know where anything is on this car yet, so I need some help. Trying to get it running/shifting/etc before I pull the engine, so I know what's good/not.

dsmtalontsi95

1g or 2g? Make sure the metal is touching on the jumper. My 1g I just unpluged it and it starts fine with out the clutch pressed.

14u2nV

cut the plug off,and seperated the wires, works now. Gotta figure out why it wasn't when the plug was attached.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts