The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Zietronix datalogging

Does anyone have onbe of these systems? i have one in my car that is wired and i have all instructions for it...
I was wondering if it would be worth getting the screen display for it, this way i can eliminate the need for many gauges, and i can see what the hell my car is doing.

Anyone have any helpful info, please give some advice.

i have dsm link for tuning

Boostdtalon

I don't have personal experience with them but I have a friend that has one in his subie with the display. I asked him about it when I was looking at getting one and he said it was one of the best things he ever bought for his car. He has no gauges in his car as he has all of them hooked up to that.

That was my idea. The screen is only a few hundred bucks because the previous owner had all the rest wired up

This is opposed to having say 5 gauges @ 300 dollars a piece, plus i hate my car having gauges all over it

cheekychimp

Isn't it an OBD II device though? Is it going to do everthing you want it to on an OBD I car?

blacksheep

Had one in my Evo - worked great. I don't know about OBD2. I wired it into the ECU via the engine harness near the ECU. I also had the wideband, boost and EGT sensors with the LCD display. Logged widbenad, boost and EGT using evoscan at the same time. It was extremely awesome!

blacksheep

Quoting cherrod8:
Where is a good place to get a deal on it with the moniter?

TTP engineering in Florida is where I would suggest getting one from. Google them - they are an Evo shop, primarily!

blacksheep

Quoting See4Ways:
That was my idea. The screen is only a few hundred bucks because the previous owner had all the rest wired up

This is opposed to having say 5 gauges @ 300 dollars a piece, plus i hate my car having gauges all over it

Yep, why I got it - one simple gauge. I had it mounted abover steering wheel console using a S-AFC stand and folded it down.

I also had AEM Truboost, AEM oil pressure and coolant temp gauges in the Evo dash location.

cheekychimp

Okay it says you can log any value off the Zt-2 on any car but other OBD II values requires a 1996 car or later. I am just wondering how many of the gauges you are going to be able to get to work that's all!

blacksheep

I had EGT, lambda and boost. All of these were with zeitronix provided sensors. No OBD2 stuff at all. I also used the ZAVT for complex warning combos.

cheekychimp

Well after a bit more digging about and some emails to Marc at Zeitronix, I confirmed that with a little bit of skull duggery to get a coolant sensor to work on a 0-5V input, if you have the Zt-2 and the DashDAQ, you can in fact have the following displayed in gauge form simultaneously: -

Air Fuel Ratio
RPMs
Boost
EGT
TPS
Oil Pressure
Oil Temperature
Coolant Temperature
Fuel Pressure

That really is extremely cool and for a stock appearing vehicle makes for a very discrete setup. I think I need to make some measurements. Thank you to the OP for bringing this up. It may well be an avenue I follow for the stock/mildly modified car in the future.

chrisfullwood

i just got the ZT2 without the display, im going to run with my laptop, i barely have passengers in it, and i have a palm logger aswell.
how did yours work out?

4thStroke

Quoting blacksheep:
Quoting cherrod8:
Where is a good place to get a deal on it with the moniter?

TTP engineering in Florida is where I would suggest getting one from. Google them - they are an Evo shop, primarily!

TTP Engineering.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I wouldn't support those guys if my life depended on it.

But, if they have the part in stock, the price if right, and you need it now, go for it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts