The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mystery idler pulley bracket

beaner

I bought a short block with a weird idler pulley bracket on it. I was trying to compress the tensioner to install the timing belt, and the bolt was hitting the bottom water pump bolt instead of the tensioner arm. I pulled it all off and its clearly different from a stock 6 bolt, and whoever installed this had to notch it. I switched over to the 6 bolt, just curious if anyone has seen anything like this before or knows where this part came from originally.

FAIL:

Stock 6 bolt is on the right.

boostedinaz

Looks like a 2G tensioner modified for a 6 bolt.

grocery_getter

Its a 2G motor mount bracket that you modify to fit on a 6 bolt block. Looks like your 6 bolt previously was installed in a 2G.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts