The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Throttle body choices!? (didnt want to thread jack)

cooliomo

Ok so i have a Magnus street intake manifold that is setup for a 75m mustang throttle body, but is there any other throttle body choices anyone recommends, or had experience with?

Adorsey

Did you read through the other thread?

TylerAdamson

If your car is just a mild street car then why do you need a larger than stock throttle body?

524of1000

you may consider the 1g non turbo tb. It's a little bit bigger than stock and eliminates the need for the TB elbow.

*edit: the butterflys are the same size (60mm) but the non turbo TB dosn't use the restrictive TB elbow (2g tb elbow is 55mm, 1g tb elbow is much smaller) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

beaner

Quoting 524of1000:
you may consider the 1g non turbo tb. It's a little bit bigger than stock and eliminates the need for the TB elbow.

The butterfly on the NT and turbo are both 60mm.

TylerAdamson

Quoting cooliomo:
and why cant you just answer my question!

Accufab, BBK, Q45, Boomba, stock Mustang, and Professional Products Agency. All of these will fit and a little searching would have yielded the answer for you.

throughfaith323

-He doesn't want to know what throttle bodys fit he wants feedback from others about the ones they've used.

-Here is a link to the TB's the other member was talking about. DSM THrottle Bodys. Hope this helps.

cheekychimp

Quoting throughfaith323:
He doesn't want to know what throttle bodies fit he wants feedback from others about the ones they've used.

Okay that's fair enough but at the same time the OP hasn't told us anything about what he actually wants us to tell him, other than wanting to hear about our experiences with other throttle bodies. Someone could come on here and say that they have gone 9's on a T66 with a Quadruple Butterfly Throttle Body setup but that's going to be useless information bearing in mind that he already told us ...

Quoting cooliomo:
I dont want to go with a 90mm Q45 Throttle Body, my car is just a mild street setup.

I can see that Tyler's comments might have been mistaken as sarcastic but ironically I think he was the only person who actually understood your post. The link to the DSM Throttle Bodies above is great, I know Terry Posten has done a review on his work and is very pleased. I'm running the same S90 Throttle Body that is in THIS thread. Both the DSM rebuilt Throttle bodies and the S90 have provision for the stock ISC, FIAV, and TPS and are therefore bolt on plug and play but I don't see the benefit of either since I assume from the first post ...

Quoting cooliomo:
I have a Magnus street intake manifold that is setup for a 75mm mustang throttle body, but is there any other throttle body choices anyone recommends, or had experience with?

... that in actual fact the OP only has a Magnus Street Intake Manifold (without a throttle body) and that the manifold is simply 'flanged' for a 75mm Mustang throttle body. Presumably then he doesn't want to go that big and is looking for a smaller alternative for street use that might fit that flange? Is this correct?

Now I really am NOT trying to be a dick here, but perhaps a better first post might have been something along the lines of: -

"I recently acquired a Magnus Street Intake Manifold that I'd like to put on my car. I'm currently running a fairly mild street setup (insert basic mods and description of turbo etc) but this intake is flanged for a 75mm Mustang Throttle Body. Is that going to be too big for my needs? I'd be interested to hear anyone's experience with different throttle bodies of different sizes that might fit this intake and any experience/advice you have regards picking the correct sized one that will work for my current setup AND give me some room to grow with future mods."

Like I said, I'm not trying to be difficult here but it is obvious NOT everyone has understood this post or they wouldn't be suggesting DSM Throttle Bodies (NT or otherwise) which clearly will NOT bolt up.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts