The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this a GGSX exhaust manifold heat shield?

cheekychimp

Could this be modified to fit a turbo manifold? Maybe I'm on crack and this doesn't stand a hope of fitting, I just thought that even if it needed cutting in places to make it fit, it offers far more heat retention/shielding potential since it actually shrouds the exhaust manifold rather than just sitting on top like the 'hat' we have for a heat shield on our cars.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

I dont really see how that's going to help you with a heat shield.. and maybe you should ask your wife to help you massage it. It's more fun that way, i think.

cheekychimp

Yeah I just pulled up a few pictures to compare. Not going to happen is it. I think I'll take your advice and get my wife to massage it instead.

cheekychimp

Actually seriously I looked at this again. Can anyone tell me exactly why this won't fit, i.e. where clearances are an issue? I have a Griffin top to bottom core with the inlet and outlet on the passenger side. So I'll be losing all the intercooler piping on the driver's side. I would need to cut this to give clearance for the turbo and possibly redrill mounting holes for the stock manifold but it doesn't look impossible to me.

mitsuturbo

The "depth" of the turbo manifold is greater. It sticks out quite a bit further from the head than the NA manifold. The NA manifold comes out and goes pretty much straight down, whereas the turbo mani goes straight OUT then down.

Maybe you can make it fit, but i still think your time would be better spent having your wife "massage it".

I think if you got it to fit somehow, it would look like some kind of hack job. I hate to say it but if it could have been done already, it probably would have been. I'm sure you can find a thread on tooners regarding heat shield fitment.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned