The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

carrier bearing question?

nickbuilt

I know the front and rear carrier bearings are the same but was wondering if the gvr4 and 1g dsm carrier bearings are the same or different? and also when i install my new carrier bearing i am also installing the torque solution billet aluminum bushing and was wondering if i need the oem shims with those or since i am using the solid bushing they are not needed anymore???

-nick

grocery_getter

The carrier bearings are the same between 1G and GVR4. The torque solution aluminum spacers replaced the factory rubber ones. You would still need to install the factory shims at the correct locations since the shim determined the installed angle of the driveshaft.

nickbuilt

Ok does anyone know how many shims each takes or how to determine how many to use because I am going to rebuild my driveshaft and would like to align it correctly!

-nick

grocery_getter

Search for thread titled: "Possibly another solution for driveline decel noise" in technical discussion.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts