The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Precission or FIC injectors? GOT SOME!! THANKS!!

throughfaith323

-I need to upgrade my injectors (maxing out 560s) and I was wondering what you guys recommend?

-The choices:
1. Precission 880cc Ball-Style. $269
2. FIC 850cc Ball-Style. $269

-Looking for some real evidence and facts for your reasoning. I know a bunch of people use each and have no problems but which is truly better?

-Also if anyone knows of better prices or a kit I can buy that would be great!

Thanks
Ed

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

I've run PTE, FIC, RC, and MSD.

I've honestly been most pleased with my MSD 1000cc (96lb) injectors over any of the others.
The FIC 650's were the most troublesome i owned.

That being said, the way each set was managed was COMPLETELY different. I really think that they are all equally good, to be fair. It's just a matter of having them dialed in right with ECMlink, AEM EMS, or something similar.

Last edited:

thecman02

I don't remember if the PTE actually flow 880, but the nice thing about FIC's is you'll get the flow numbers of your injector when you get your injectors.

I've used PTE 680s, FIC 1150s, and am currently using FIC 850s. All were dialed in with ECMLink. I haven't had problems with any of them.

I have heard that PTE rates their injectors at a higher pressure than others, so their flow numbers are on the high side.

Last edited by a moderator:

broxma

FIC 1050's dialed in 1% using my Evo 8 ECU.

throughfaith323

Thanks for all the good info guys.

I found some FIC 950cc's on the forum with low miles i might pick up.

The owner said he does not know if they are ball-style. I've heard, but the source was not positive, that FIC only makes ball-style. I dont know how old these injectors are though. I'm working on figuring things out.

thanks
ed

evo8ya

I've always been a fan of PTE just because they seem to fit better in the rail. I don't like the FIC insulators. I run FIC 650s, because I got them for a stupid low price. Both are good quality though. But it is true that PTEs flow alittle less than rated. But PTEs fit and build is closer to OEM IMH.

PTE 580cc actual flow 535cc
PTE 680cc actual flow 640cc
PTE 780cc actual flow 748cc
PTE 880cc actual flow 840cc
PTE 1000cc actual flow 940cc

Last edited:

DynastyLCD

ive always had mitsu injectors or PTE's. ive had 780's, 680's, 1200's, evo 8 565's, and stockers. ive been told by locals running high hp to stick with the PTE's and stay away from FIC's. one in particular mentioned that the FIC 1600s and PTE 1600s were a world of difference, overall driveability was better with PTE's.

what it boils down to, like all other parts on my car: proven to work well. so, IMO, stick with the PTE's.

SleepinGVR4

I run FIC 850's I got through Jeff when I ordered my eprom chip. I've had them flow tested a cleaned twice. The first time they were seriously dirty due to clogged fuel lines and the car sitting along time with the lines open to the elements. The second time they weren't dirty but the problem at the time seemed like thats what was wrong. FIC cut me a deal on having them cleaned and said they would replaced them if I wanted at half the cost. I told them that wasn't necessary but if I continued to have the problem I might take them up on that offer. They said that was perfectly fine. Their turn around time is great, their customer service is awesome. I really don't think you can go wrong with FIC's, they are a great company to deal with. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

I've always run FIC. They flow a lot closer to the numbers they state than PTE. FIC all the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

throughfaith323

Man I got half the forum saying FIC and half saying PTE. I guess that is a good thing though.

I'm probably going with 950cc FICs since I found some used ones on here. Waiting for a response for my offer.

Thanks for all the advice and help guys!

Ed

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned