The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Reinstalling a window regulator.

Boostdtalon

I finally got a regulator to replace the right rear one that had not worked since I got 192. Now this wasn't a difficult task but it could easily have gotten confusing. There are six bolts that hold the motor and regulator onto the door. The most difficult to deal with are the two screws that secure the regulator to the window.

IMG_1277.jpg

This is the first screw I put in. After working the regulator back in I loosely put this in so that the regulator could flex and move around. I moved the regulator towards the front of the door and than lifted the window. Now I had to apply power and move the window up and down to situate everything.

IMG_1278.jpg

This is the second screw. This one is the most difficult to work with as you have to have the regulator in a certain place to tighten it up. After getting the motor secured and the regulator secured I moved the window down and tightened it up.

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

Here are the six bolts you re-secure the regulator with. Keep a check on your cables as the can get binded easily and cause your window to not work. I made sure everything was lined up and working correctly before installing the door cover.

Patience is going to be key with this. If you get frustrated you will get stuck or do something stupid. I hope this helps guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned