The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

will a clutch from an evo 8 fit the vr4?

this maybe a dumb question. but i just dont know. reason i ask is im rebuilding a friends evo8 since hey blew it up. so im putting it back to stock and he said i can have his exedy twin disk if it fits my car. so i just would like to know if it will work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dsmtalontsi95

No it wont work. Evo's and 2g dsm's use 7-bolt cranks. We have 6 bolts.

evo8ya

6 or 7 bolt has nothing to do with it. GVR4s and DSMs have a push style clutch, the evo 4-9 has a pull style clutch. There's really no reason to run a evo clutch. Stock pressure plate on a viii is 2200lbs so a ACT 2100 or 2600 would be just about the same if not better.

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
I disagree with your statement, the OP has a pretty good reason to want to run one...

Brunoboy

Its true about push and pull types but also why would you disagree? Last time i worked at a shop they were talking about using a conversion kit for a push to pull or vise versa, not to sure if its true.

He's disagreeing because its not a STOCK Evo clutch, its an upgraded one and evo8ya didn't read that I suppose. It wont work but thats not what Jepherz was commenting on.

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks guys. it didnt look like it would work. just wanted clarification. it sucks cuz its an exedy twin disk and and had a nice feel. my clutch in my car is so aggressive i get a tired leg on long trips. i guess ill jsut put it in the car and who ever buys it from teh bank is in for a pleasant suprise. thanks again.

BrandonEchols

Why do that?
Put the stock clutch back in and sell the twin disk over on EvoM.

dsmtalontsi95

Or sell it to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I was refuring to the flywheel part of the twin disk, it would be for a 7-bolt.

Last edited:

evo8ya

Oh oops yeah, I missed that it was a exedy twin. Dosent matter cause the pressure plate and TOB are totally different and won't bolt up. What you should do OP, is take the clutch from your friend, sell it and get a clutch that's ment for a gvr4/dsm

Last edited:

well ill most likely jsut put it back in teh car. im not out to sell a gift. as much as it seems a great idea. truth is my cluthc in the vr4 is very nice too. i just wanted the exedy because my pedal is heavy. and the evo felt almost stock with the exedy in there.

BrandonEchols

Seems like a waste to leave it in the car for someone else to have for free?
perfectly ok to sell a gift, or trade it, etc.

it is a waste. but no one has a stock evo clutch laying around and a few dollars. so unless i gat a call before its together. its going back in.

no thanks. im content with typing how i feel. if you cant understand it, leave the thread and select another.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts