The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

A/C keeps Blowing Compressor Valve

rwk4365

I have GVR #1, since new. I have replaced the compressor, expansion valve, dryer--all twice. Been through 3 Mitsubishi compressors. Still keeps blowing. All work done by Mitsubishi mechanic who is dumping me because he can't figure ou /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gift what keeps blowing A/c out.

Help

Barnes

First off; welcome to the board! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It sounds like you have a block somewhere in the system. Maybe in the condenser, evaporator or lines. I don't know how to check this other than trying to blow compressed air through each component and line. I would *think* that would help you find any problems. I'm surprised your mechanic can't figure this out.

There are quite a few folks here that remove their A/C to reduce weight or clutter from the engine bay. It might not be a bad idea to buy one of these leftover systems because you would know it is was working. Basically, your safest bet is to replace all your components with a known working setup.

jepherz

Staff member
I'm sure this is a dumb question but is your A/C fan operating properly? I had to replace my expansion valve after I found my A/C fan fuse blown.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Jepherz is correct. Two biggest things that will create a massive bump in pressures are your TXV/orifice tube, and possibly now that you have replaced other parts, the fan not coming on will cause the pressures to sky rocket due to heat not being removed from the condensor (creating a condensing of the refrigerant). Just unplugging a fan from the condensor area will cause the pressures to jump up possibly, 100+ PSI in just seconds.

Barnes

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that there are two pressure sensors in the system that *should* turn the compressor off before anything explodes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

rwk4365

Thanks for the input. Does the a/c controller, have anything to do. Mine is adjustable but have no info on proper setting

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts