The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VPC/DSMlink v2.5 combo?

DynastyLCD

i tried searching all over with no luck. i have seen threads on other boards and on here throughout the years (pre V3) of people running the HKS VPC/GCC combo with DSMlink v2.5. my setup utilizes a VPC/GCC and 660 chip with PTE 680's. i love the way the car drives, and i cant currently afford to upgrade to V3 and buy all the sensors to do the SD setup right. but i did recently purchase v2.5 from a friend.

long story short, im searching for others who have used this combo, their thoughts and opinions, and also how to set it up. when i look at the initial maf reading, it only lets me select 1g, 2g, or vr4. what should i use for the VPC? any other things i should know about? im knowledgable with tuning, i can figure out how to fine tune it. its more or less the initial setup id like to get straightened out to make sure the basics are in line. thanks for the help!

grocery_getter

Do a vpc with 450cc chip on it. Zero everything on the vpc. Take out the gcc completely and do the injector compensation and the tuning with dsmlink. Choose 1G mas on dsmlink since the vpc is emulating a 1g mas.

mitsuturbo

...or find some dumbass to buy the VPC for what it would cost you to upgrade to V3 with the SD goodies.

DynastyLCD

well thats a shame - when i got it, it only had the 660 chip. dang. any way i can tune around this?

boostedinaz

Quoting mitsuturbo:
...or find some dumbass to buy the VPC for what it would cost you to upgrade to V3 with the SD goodies.

Agreed.

Why would you want to try and mess with a piggy and DSMlink when DSKlink alone is a way better tool. Save up a little bit of coin and do it correctly instead of fumbling with both.

Spam

I am by no means saying to use a VPC over a link setup but if you already have the VPC and if the statement below is true then stick with it... a bunch people have made tons of power with them in the past and a ton of MKIV Supra guys still use them.

I've never heard of anyone doing a Link 2.5/VPC combo but whatever Grocery Getter said sounds cool...

If money is your issue when it comes to getting a better setup (with SD) I'd sell both the VPC and V2.5 and go with DS-Map and you should come out with money to spare...it's an OUTSTANDING setup for the $$ spent. I say this with a completely wired E6X boxed up in my closet.

Quoting DynastyLCD:
i love the way the car drives

DynastyLCD

i tried playing with dsmap on a friends car, didnt really like it much. i do like the way these cars drive with a speed density system over a maf in the long run though. ive since decided to quit trying to make the two work, and just upgrade to V3. its definetly the best way to go in my situation, most options for the best driveability along with making power, and at this point a cheap upgrade.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

When I wanted to run dsmlink 2.5 and vpc I was told by Thomas Dorris on the link forums not to do it. Just run the link by itself, sell the vpc and use that money towards an upgrade later.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned