The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cabin + ECU Wiring help! This is a friggin' NIGHTMARE

alansupra94

Well after taking off some electrical tape, I found a slight nightmare. So if someone can, any help would be appreciated. I put clickable thumbnails! I will try my best to get pin-outs asap. From what I am gathering, it looks like a remnants of an ancient SAFC and possible an apex-i turbo timer.

First up is this wire:

Second are these two: I am pretty sure the one with the shielding must be either a knock or 02 sensor.

Anyone have any idea what the white/green wire is?

Third is this one: I got nothing right now

Fourth is this wire wire that is connected to this green/white wire. Doesn't connect anywhere to the ECU harness and doesn't come from the other ECU harness wires, just loose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Overall view to give you an idea where they are coming from:

Then I look inside of the car and there are home electrical caps being used instead of at least crimps -_-. Fuel pump is done this way too -_-.

My other no-related question is how hard is it to remove the interior driver side fuse box? I want to add a fuse (for my gauges) in the black spot next to the ECS fuse and need to gain access to the back. Or if you have an easier way of gaining access without removing let me know. I know I can just throw a spade crimp connector and use an inline fuse but looks a bit unprofessional.

Thanks,
Alan

rgeier11

This is how you install an AFC. Cross check the wires to what you're working with.

click

alansupra94

Thanks, it does look like that is what I am dealing with for the most part. I will be out there soon with a full pin out soldering and shrink wrapping everything like it should have been done.

broxma

My car had a dozen or so random wires attached to various ECU wires which I discovered upon installing my Evo ECU. I know some of them went to a turbo timer and it appeared some went to what probably was a previously installed AFC. Since I had the pinout, I didn't care. If I thought it was useless, I cut it out. Several of the wires have multiple wires connected under an insulated section as you pointed out. I can send you a pinout PDF but I don't think it has wire color. For the most part, if a wire was cut, I just removed the offending additional wire and resoldered it.

/brox

ktmrider

This might help if you didn't already have it:

img.php

alansupra94

WHERE DID THAT COME FROM! I need better resolution!

Thanks though!

alansupra94

I just noticed that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Thanks guys!

Now if I can just figure out how to tap that fuse box....

496of2000

I've seen worse. I found wires twisted clear with scotch tape. BTW, the guy complained that his radio didn't work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned