The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rally armor mud flaps help!

galant412

Has any one uesd or installed rally armor universal mud flap kit on the galant's? if so how hard is it to install them and any pic's if they have done it.

Last edited:

galant412

They dont look like they would be hard to install but i would like as much info as i can. but i have already ordered the universal one they should be here this week somethime.

cheekychimp

They are really easy if you have all the oem stock mounting tabs. What I did was get a set of the GGSX front doglegs with molded mud flaps and used them as a template. I pulled the mounting tab from those and mounted them to the new mudflap with rivets and painted those to prevent future rust.

DR1665

Those are super nice, but damn they're expensive.

A lot of the rally guys I know either buy pairs of semi mudflaps at the local truck stop (for like $20 or so), or buy raw sheets of HPDE or similar, and then cut them down. Of course, the rally guys I know are probably tougher on mudflaps than the usual street car.

Be sure to post pics when you get em installed. I'm interested in seeing them on a Galant. My plan has always been to snag a couple pairs at a Mitsubishi Fuso dealer so I might be able to get a Mitsu logo on at least one of them.

OMFGeofffff

Damn, looks like they got rid of the cheap version and are only selling the higher priced version. That sucks I wanted to get the unmarked cheap version.

galant412

I must have gotten the last of the set of universal flaps that where cheap cuz they updated there site. since i onlt paid 25 for them with decals. But i will keep you guys posted on how it go's install and stuff.

Here's how my rally armor flaps look

rsz1img4494z.jpg

The_Big_Weave

Might just be a subaru thing but I heard that you can cut up Ikea cutting boards and the look great and work even better.

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

LOL. So looks like a cutting board. I guess it makes it convenient if you need to cut up some fruit or veggies if you are on the go

Adorsey

Quoting farficknyugen:
Here's how my rally armor flaps look

rsz1img4494z.jpg

So glad im not driving in this. Ill let my truck take the beating through the snow

bmxr152

lol some people dont understand the real point of getting mud flaps. I think there nice, dont listen to the haters who cant afford them.

KiNgMaRtY

Wow, that's a lot of snow. I have never even been in snow before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

BrandonEchols

I really like the flaps look.
Some of these guys forget our cars were made for WRC.
I might have to grab some of these...or maybe those faux Ralliart ones.

Adorsey

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
Wow, that's a lot of snow. I have never even been in snow before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

He is parked where the road/parking lot has been plowed. There is only about 24" on the ground, in these parts.

I dont need the flaps because I dont want to drive in the snow or dirt, money is no problem. And cleaning a foot of snow and ice off my beloved car is something I dont want to do.

whats the point of flaps at the track? or in the heat of summer? looks are sure not there. And if it looks good, why werent they factory?

mitsuturbo

Quoting The_Big_Weave:
Might just be a subaru thing but I heard that you can cut up Ikea cutting boards and the look great and work even better.

I can't tell the difference between the ikea rally ones and the rally armor ones, really.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts