The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

question about measuring push lock line...

SleepinGVR4

Is there a way to figure out how much push lock line shrinks when pushed onto push lock fittings. The reason I ask is I'm going to fix my oil drain on my turbo and I'd like to "measure twice cut once," if you know what I'm talking about. Since the distance from the turbo to the oil pan is pretty short its easy to cut the line too short.

Muskrat

What do you mean, "shrinks"?

Just mount your two fittings to the turbo and oil pan,then use a piece of wire measure from the flange on 1 fitting to the other, approximating the shape the tube will be taking.

Measure the wire length, then cut a but longer than that and test fit. Remove material as needed. (note, once you install the tube on push-lock fitting it'll be very hard to remove. only install 1 side when test fitting and line up the other. You should be bale to get a good idea.)

SleepinGVR4

Say you cut a piece of hose and measure it. Once you put push lock fittings on both ends the hose is shorter due to the fact that it has to stretch to get on the fittings.

I've never tried the wire method you described. I usually just attach the hose to one fitting and eye ball it to the collar of the other fitting and mark it and cut it a little bit past the mark I made.

curtis

Get a piece of cheap hose/ garden hose that is the next larger size and cut and trim till it is perfect then cut the smaller good hose to fit.

Muskrat

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
Say you cut a piece of hose and measure it. Once you put push lock fittings on both ends the hose is shorter due to the fact that it has to stretch to get on the fittings.

I still don't understand what you mean. I've never had the hose change in length after installing push-lok fittings. In fact, from what I remember push-lok hose doesn't really stretch, period.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned