The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Racing idle(4k) above 15mph!?

throughfaith323

Hey guys,

When I'm driving in any gear and shifting back to neutral, my throttle races at around 4000 rpm's. It does not drop off to a normal idle until I am driving 15mph or under.

If I remember correctly it came out of nowhere. I figit with my car here and there all the time, but I don't recall touching anything that could potentially cause this.

Has this happened to anyone or does anyone have any idea what could cause this?

I'm running (in case this helps):
-ECMlink
-Evo 8 MAF
-Evo injectors
-BC 272 cams
-E3 Big 16G

ECMlink is currently reading 5degF on 50degF days. I'm thinking about swapping ECU's this coming weekend just to make sure its no related to my problems and also trying to find someone with a stock Evo 8 MAF to see if mine is not working correctly, but I doubt I'll find someone I know with one to use. If anybody is in my area(08731 NJ) that doesn't mind I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ed

steve

I do believe that is a symptom of an ABS problem. Bad sensor at one of the wheels?

throughfaith323

Wow! That's definitley a posibility cause it's the only thing I've realy messed with electronically. I don't have the abs sensors any more but I never pulled the fuses to make the light go off on my dash. I'll give that a shot this weekend!

Thanks!

steve

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Holy crap thats 2 for me this week in Tech. Armageddon for certain.

alansupra94

On a sidenote, you parting out those cars? Got a thread somewhere?

throughfaith323

I kind of have a thread but not updated. I have a lot of parts from two different cars so PM me what you need and I'll let you know what I have.

Quoting throughfaith323:
Wow! That's definitley a posibility cause it's the only thing I've realy messed with electronically. I don't have the abs sensors any more but I never pulled the fuses to make the light go off on my dash. I'll give that a shot this weekend!

Thanks!

I did the same during my 5-lug conversion, but never experienced the condition you speak of. I've had it that way since late '05.

throughfaith323

Ok so I checked my fuses this weekend and it looks like I did pull them. Must have forgot.

I figured I would try unplugging the three plugs that go to the ABS pump thing and my racing idle is now gone!!!!!

It's a much more enjoyable drive now. Thanks for the help!

Next problem is figuring out if my MAF is bad. ECMlink says intake temp is 5degF on a 50degF day.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts