The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo2 stalls on cold start up?

IMG_2810.jpg

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

She is stock as far as I know,I just did a full service and also had to replace the "ISC"(due to a no idle situation when hot).

What happens is when first started in the AM,especially if its cold outside,the engine barely fires up(feels as if only running on two cylinders),is rough,shaking and stalls.On the couple of really cold days so far the year I had to start it 3 times.On the second or third attempt it runs fine for the rest of the day until the next AM.

gtluke

Try unscrewing the BISS screw a turn,

marvinmadman

Is the MAFS clean? I don't know if you have an oiled air filter, but that seems to be a frequent issue lately with the filter being too oiled and the turbo sucking some onto the elements inside the MAFS.

Unplug the mas. The car will run with it unplugged. If it starts then you know it's probably going to be a mas problem.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned