The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

boossst laggg!!!!!

So I had manually boosted my car with 12lbs on stock everything except intake, I would hit full boost at about 3500-3800rpms maybe, I then put on my 3" turbo back exhaust on recently and ran the caar with 12 lbs and it was spooling up fast at around 2800 rpms. So now I am hitting boost at around 4 grand and I am not sure why it is taking so long for boost to hit, I have been keeping good care of it and the cel is on but thats just throwing a code 43 which is egr related i believe and it was like that when I bought it and it still pulls alright I am just not sure why the all of sudden delay. I did just recently put in ngk bpr7es spark pplugss with a gap of .032 but thatt shouldnt effect anything to my knowledge. So is my turbo just acting funny and not knowing when to open the wastegate because I do notice the boost gauge fluxtuating once in a while going up aa pound and then back down a pound but this is veery rare.

Thanks,
Paul

524of1000

Check to make sure the wastegate assembly is working properly. Try taking out the boost controler and running wastegate pressure only.

So I believe my wastegate is just acting funny because even with the stock electronic boost controller solenoid hooked up it still is trying to boost around 10 psi, it will jump to 9 psi around 3800 rpms and then in different gears it will raise the boost and drop slightly so shall I get me a new 14b or what /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

thanks,
Paul

Adorsey

Stock wastegate pressure is 10psi. So it doesnt seem to be working poorly. Whats wrong with the egr? Are there vacuum lines comming from the egr leaking? Im almost sure that can be a vacuum leak if so.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts