The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is this a plate or viscous front LSD?

MX4

Hi all,
I pulled this from a JDM Galant VR4 gearbox. I dont know whether it is plate or viscous. I had trouble getting the 3rd photo in focus however you can make the teeth out inside of the housing. Can someone please advise.

Cheers!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

belize1334

Is that an OEM front LSD for an AWD gearbox? Is it compatible with USDM transmissions?

RedTwo

The VR4 RS front LSD unit has the same part number as the CD/CE9A Evo front LSD units, which are apparently viscous. Your car (if it's the one from the FS thread) has a LSD gearbox, so it *should* be a viscous one.
What are the teeth inside the center shaft like?

mitsuturbo

You can't use that. It is useless.

You should give it to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

EDIT: kidding aside.. why does it have a SEALED bearing on it? Are all the LS Front Differentals like that? anybody know?

Last edited:

turboaddict

Mitsuturbo there is one in the for sale section if you are looking for one. I know the guy. he is local to me and a friend.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned