The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

lean at idle

deez

I just put the stock cams back in the car along with the stock 1G MAS because I was having issues with the car stalling. I plugged in my palm and started dialing in the safc and for some reason, at idle the O2 trims goes all the way lean to 167. It creeps its way up to that after about 5 seconds, then stays pegged with the idle at 1100rpm. Then the computer knocks the idle down to 850 and the 02 sensor goes into closed loop and it just reads 100. I grounded the timing plug and set the BISS to 850, but that didn't seem to help. Did a boost leak check, turned up nothing. Any thoughts on what could do that? And the rest of the rpms, when driving, the 02 is in open loop as it should be and trims are looking okay, a bit lean, but nothing I couldn't compensate for with the SAFC.

deez

Anyone? Keydiver, are you still out there?

Terry Posten

bump the idle fuel pressure up a bit. Stock is 37ish and if your lean, don't be afraid to go as high as 42. But go slow. Go up 2 psi and take it for a drive. Check again, and adjust.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts