The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Water pump pulley... Custom?

mitsuturbo

So, i bought this FP3065 turbocharger from a guy on the link forum for pretty much pocket lint. I'm not posting it here to brag, though.. since it's actually blown the hell up and i just wanted that $400 turbine housing, which will fit nicely on my GT3076r. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The reason i'm posting this, is to ask what the hell water pump pulley that is. I'll PM the guy and ask him myself, but i just wanted to point it out here, and see if anybody has ever seen one like it. It looks SUPER lightweight.

turbowop

He just posted to ask what pulley that is, so I highly doubt that's his motor, or oil filter for that matter.

That said...I've used a clamp around my filter for something to attach safety wire to, to keep the filter from backing off.

Last edited:

Barnes

Since the stock pulley is solid, maybe they just cut some of it away to make it lighter. I honestly don't see why you would bother though. The stock water pump pulley is very light.

christo

Unorthodox racing made aluminum replacement pulleys for awhile, not sure if they still make them or not.

RedTwo

From memory the unorthodox racing ones still had a heap of meat left in them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif That looks ridiculously anorexic!

Barnes

I agree with RedTwo, that doesn't look an Unorthodox pulley at all.

mitsuturbo

That is "NOT" a UR pulley.
Google the UR pulley. They look NOTHING like that one.

I haven't PM'd the guy yet. I guess i'll do that now.

onesickcrx

I am looking to buy one of these aluminum water pump pulley's

Any body know where I can scoop one up from?

Street Surgeon

Yes it's custom, the guy (Dr. Turbo) made it, and it broke btw.

onesickcrx

I am looking for a unorthodox racing one, I cant find anyone that sells just the water pump pulley

mitsuturbo

I found one while looking for this one in the photo above.
It's quite expensive by itself, IIRC it was about as much as the entire 3 piece "kit" you can find some places.
Ridiculous. I'm sure it can be found by itself somewhere for a reasonable price.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts