The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rebuilt brake calipers?

Romanova

Whats everyones feelings on rebuilt brake calipers? Any particular brand (rebuilder) that is better than the others? Need to get my rears redone.

I was looking at Goldine for rebuilding services as I found that numerous people on different forums had great luck with them but they want $425 for both calipers with the polymer coating... ugh, a little outta' my league.
GoldLine.

Thanks for any input.

SouthCaliVR4

I cheaped out & got them from napa, 45 bux a pop & work fine but I did have to paint them.

mitsuturbo

I know you can buy rebuilt 3000gt VR4 calipers for under $100 each, IIRC. I'm sure for our cars, they're even cheaper.
I think that you'd be fine with any rebuilt caliper, provided it has a decent warranty. They're a pretty simple device.

Romanova

RockAuto has Centric-brand rebuilts for $75 each. Going to go with those as I've been very happy with other Centric brake products that I've used. Thanks!

89Mirageman

If you are the DIY kinda guy they are really easy to rebuild. Rockauto sells the kits and there is a very good write up on dsm tuners.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
they are not bad to rebuild unless the parking brake mechanism is seized. that is a beast to remove and not sure rebuild parts are available for that area.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned