The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3g maf information

dsm10o0

Hey, I would like to get as much info on the 501 3gmaf. I am having someone do a chip for me and would like to know the specific details on this maf to be put in the chip. My car has evo560cc, ported b16g and a rewired fuel pump. Will put the maf on when I get the chip done.

Thanks.

cheekychimp

What are you looking for exactly, the MAS correction maps. If so send me a PM with an email address and I will send you an excel file. I believe the file is in the how to section too if you want to do a search under 3G or EVO MAF.

deez

And I have a 482 with wiring adapter and K&N I just took off my car if you are interested

dsm10o0

I got the file already, everything i find on here and on other forums are for the #482 maf. I got #501 maf and can i grind down the horn to make it flow better like the 482 maf and use the correction for the #482?

Evo3G-4.jpg

Last edited:

cheekychimp

I think you can just pull that entire horn piece out, is it actually necessary to grind it down?

Quoting keydiver:
The EVO8/9 MAS is only rated at .526 psi pressure drop at 240 liters/second, in case you were curious. More good reasons to choose a #482 3G or EVO MAS over a 2G MAS.

Also, just to repost since it comes up fairly often, the #501 MAS is NOT as good as the #482 or EVO #399 MAS. It is only rated by Mitsu for 210 liters/second, and has ~.78 psi pressure drop because of the larger airhorn blocking the inlet.

I'm not sure if with the horn removed that MAF will respond like an EVO8/9 or #482 but I guess it might, so I'd say give it a go. If it doesn't work using the MAF correction tables I sent you, I'd take that as an indication that it doesn't flow as well even with the horn removed which will mean you'll either have to tune the correction table or get an actual EVO/#482 MAF.

Nabeel

I am using one from 2002 galant. They are the same. just take out the cover in front to have more flow.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts