The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Headlights started flashing

dmj

About 5 mins ago my daughter slammed the rear passanger shut now my headlights are going berserk. I had no idea this car had a factory alarm. There are 2 relays acting up, one next to the brakebooster and the headlight relay. How do I disable this alarm?

SouthCaliVR4

lock & unlock from the drivers door to shut it down or look in the tech to show the full alarm disable, involves cutting one wire under the dash.

toybreaker

iconoclast
As SouthCali said, cycling the key in the drivers door lock will shut the alarm down, but if the alarm cycles again the rear door pin switch may have been damaged.

You can remove the phillips head screw that's under the rubber boot, withdraw the switch, and inspect it.

If it's damaged, just unplug and remove it for now. That will prevent the alarm from cycling again.

Then calmly explain to the daughter that the car is now mad at her, and she will have to ride in the trunk from now on.

dmj

Thanks for the replies guys . I did a quick search on an earlier thread and followed the instructions, disconnected the battery and the alarm reset it self.

broxma

You can also cut the wire under the dash and disable the alarm which is what I did, since apparently, no one in Texas knows what a GVR4 is anyway. To them it's an old junk car, mainly because it isn't a truck.

/brox

NickDromez

i dont mean to thread jack, but do you guys know what it might be if the alarm turns on when i try to unlock from drivers side. meaning i can only unlock from passenger side

mitsuturbo

I've found that more often than not, it's the wiring between the door and the chassis. After 9,857 open/close sequences, the wires break inside the insulation.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts