The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel pump/pressure question

deez

Typically, what is the fuel pressure you end up with when running a walbro 255 on the stock fuel regulator?

stevep

Something other than the correct one. I've seen people get in excess of 50 psi. There are people who claim they don't get overrun with theirs but half of them later prove that they don't know what overrun is and never measured, the other half may just be lucky or have a bad pump.

deez

Crap, thats a lot of pressure. What I'm trying to do is find a pump that will provide enough fuel for my E16G at 20psi with 720's, but not have to run my Aeromotive setup. What I am trying to accomplish is have my car smog legal visually, which the Aeromotive won't allow

mitsuturbo

Holy crap. You can't even have an AFPR and pass emissions in california?!

"Sir, you fail, because you have a device on your car that allows you to make it run RIGHT."

Does not compute.
What the hell do they do if you upgrade to a nice FMIC, or a GT35r.. or god forbid an external wastegate. What about SMIM? I'm guessing they're completely forbidden as well?

steve

The 190 will probably work for you, non-rewired.

deez

I was curious if the 190 would be an okay match.
As for emissions stuff, if it didn't come on the car originally, it can't be on there. That includes hard pipes and intercoolers, different turbo's (though they can't tell if its a bigger 16G, same TD-05 housing), boost controller, open element air filter, etc. It sucks. The JDM FMIC would pass visual, and that's why I am after one to replace my ETS kit.

JNR

Well, if the manufacturer coughs up extortion money, aka CARB, then you can run aftermarket equipment. However, I think most places would be OK with the visual, so long as the obvious is there (air filter box, no tubular header, etc.)...Smog nazis didn't say anything about my huge intercooler or SS piping, but did fail me (visually) on the air filter cone, although they still tested it anyway; go figure. It didn't pass only cause it couldn't hold the 30 second @ 2500 rpm test (iirc) [check engine light], due to some weird condition I ended up fixing. I have an aeromotive AFPR and am not concerned about failing for that.

steve

Quoting mitsuturbo:
"Sir, you fail, because you have a device on your car that allows you to make it run RIGHT."

It would run just fine in factory configuration, which is what they (smog nazis) require. It is silly to complain about the fact that a further modification is not allowed, considering that modification is only necessary due to existing "illegal" modifications.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts