The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JE pistons

dsmtalontsi95

Is there a way to I.D. the compression ratio with out the paper work? I bought a motor with a bad piston (JE) so I'm swaping blocks. The problem is what comp ratio is it? I can see the boar on the inside of the piston but nothing at all about comp. It says JE on the inside along with 85mm.

*EDIT* Sorry, it's weird this is happening to 2 different people at the same time.

Last edited:

LordAthey

Is there a part number on the bottom of the piston? cause if there isn't the only way would be to send it to JE. I fell in the same boat you did.

dsmtalontsi95

No the only thing on the bottom is JE and 85mm.

*EDIT* Well I just got off the phone with JE, they said the pistons I have are over 6 years old and to have the machine shop mesure demensions of the pistons and call them back to see if they can match on up.

Last edited:

LordAthey

Yes that's what I had to do cause my piston's were custom made like the stock ones (with stock disk, just bored .20). So yea I ended up ordering 4 new pistons.

mitsuturbo

Quoting dsmtalontsi95:
Is there a way to I.D. the compression ratio with out the paper work? I bought a motor with a bad piston (JE) so I'm swaping blocks. The problem is what comp ratio is it? I can see the boar on the inside of the piston but nothing at all about comp. It says JE on the inside along with 85mm.

*EDIT* Sorry, it's weird this is happening to 2 different people at the same time.

Measure the dish, in CCs.
All you should need is a syringe and some water.
You should be able to use a compression ratio calculator which you can find on das intarvebz to figure out the CR.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned