The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tie Rods

KiNgMaRtY

I am taking my car to have it aligned and I disconnect the REAR tie rod ends so it can be done properly. Its seems that my rear inner and outer tierods are shot on the driver side so I ma aswell replace all of them. Y can't seem to find either rears? Do they use the same as the front for the outer tie rods? How about inners? Also wondering how to replace the inner tierods?

Adorsey

How do you know your rear tierods are bad? Are you sure, or do you know for a fact? I would check the rear wheel bearings for play in them first.
Youre going to have to search for the rear outter links for a part #. I dont think there is inner rear* tie rod ends, I beleive its just the pinion/piston thing.

Front tierods are not bad to do, simple really. Untill you want to do the inners. Like I said again you might want to see/check if its youre wheel barings first. Before doing the hardest thing you could do.
I had the rack and pinion out when I took off my inner tie rods, and they unscrew lefty loosy righty tighty tighty. There is just a metal piece at the end with flat spots on each side for a wrench or vise, to turn the rod in either direction.
Quick view of the front rack.

KiNgMaRtY

The tie rods have plenty of play on the left. It will wiggle around with little to no effort when I pulled it out and put it to the side. The right one is a little stiffer. The boots on the ends are torn as well on both sides. I did the fronts outers before but have never done iners. So they just "screw" in, sounds easy enough. Now to find the parts.

Adorsey

Depending on if they got loose, It does say they have 50-70footlbs. So it might have to be worked a little to get off, but yeah they "screw" off.

KiNgMaRtY

I am having the hardest time trying to locate the rears /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
Mitsu doesn't make them anymore either

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Try looking under the 3000gt at rock auto or something. They are the same.

KiNgMaRtY

Thank you for the advise but I searched and no look either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned