The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch recommendation ??

lyleseth

i have a 92 galant vr4 217/1000 . im already running around 300 awhp and my clutch wont hold especially for launching. I am doing alot of upgrades and going to have quite a bit more hp, and i need to know what a good clutch would be thats going to hold and not slip. I have looked at clutchmasters fx400, centerforce dual friction, and the Spec stage 3.. i have read positives and negatives on all of these. i would really love some good advice on what clutch is good and reliable for 375 to 400 awhp. i would appreciate any advice or suggestions. thanks in advance.

belize1334

I have a clutchnet 3x red pressure plate which is rated at about 2700lb (similar to act 2600). I use a sprung 6-puck clutchnet disk. The 6-puck disk is a bit harder to drive than a full-faced so if it's for daily driver duty you might not like it. But, if you're more of a racing oriented driver then you'll be fine and it'll DEFINITELY hold your 400awhp.

I don't think a twin setup is worth it for the torque he's going to be making.

Jesh

I'm currently running a spec stage 3+ and I have launched my car several times, (has about 10k on the clutch, pp, and flywheel) just took out the transmission a while back and had plenty of life left on the disk. its a full face metallic sprung disk, it doesn't increase pedal pressure that much and will hold a good amount of power. But just a heads up, this clutch does grab pretty quick, so you really have to slip it if you don't want to lurch forward and stall. (don't ask how i know) but all in all, from my experience with it, i would say its a good clutch. hope this helps you decide. good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mitsu90

I am running a spec stage 2+ I can't say anything bad about this clutch.

willyp20

click

I purchased the DXD in the SS line. Great clutch and does not slip. Im making good power and launch at 6000 rpm. Have it cryo treated as well. IPS in Columbus ohio has got the best deals on them. Thats where I purchased mine. Shipped to your door for around 400 bucks. 614-444-5884. Ask for Brandon and Tell him Willyp20(paul) sent you. He will take care of you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts