The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So what is the latest verdict on phenolic spacers?

bazeng

Mine are still good (2 cars running them)

I have only run them to run in the motor. So only 1200kms approx of engine running time

3rdstrikedsm

I am just trying to figure out if it is a worth while investment or not? Seems great in theroy but I have no real worl data /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4thStroke

My bet is that the air charge is only a little cooler, but it would be nice to have a gasket that will be able to be reused several times.

It can definitely only help and they aren't that expensive.

belize1334

You should be aware that a spacer will increase the effective runner length which will lower the rpm resonance point. It may be a minuscule effect but it will change the power-band slightly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned