The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need Help wiring issue!

Ok, i pulled a stupid, I was trying to run a direct wire to my a/c compressor, I was jumping the relay posts in the underhood fuse box, I was taking power from the fan relay and jumping it to the ac relay to power it full time. Problem is is that i think i accidentally hit a ground with the power from the fan relay (only left it on for a split second, not a long time), the car instantly shut off. Now the only power I have is to the interior lights and the open door light on the dash. When i turn the key nothing happens, no lights no nothing.

I have checked every relay under the hood everything is getting power under there, in the inside fuse box some are getting power some arent (mostly the middle row of fuses)I am also getting power at the alternator and starter as well.

I have tried swapping out another ecu, no change....

any suggestions?

yep, checked all fuses under the hood, both at the battery,at the fuse box, and at the fuse box under the drivers side of the dash, is there any others besides those?

SouthCaliVR4

Has to be either you popped one of the big fuses & cant see it through the top or you fried a wire/connector. I'd start by using a known good fuse & swapping them, then pull the block off the pos post & have a good look at it after that the underhood fuse block. this is where an ohm meter will be your best friend.

already pulled the plastic cover off of all of them and checked for power on both sides with a test light

SouthCaliVR4

Just start checking circuits for continuity. You def fried something, A fuse would be the best outcome but it is what it is.

BTW if your jumping power to the a/c clutch to test the system that's one thing but you don't want to run around that way. the high side will go over pressure, the system needs to be able to cycle & defeating that can cause issues. first & least problematic, the evap core will freeze & the a/c will no longer blow cold. worst case you blow a line, hopefully the overpressure valve will pop & just cost you all your freon but you could blow a hose & that can be dangerous. At the very least it just simply won't work as you're hoping it will.

As to the issue at hand, check the wiring & the fuse blocks, I doubt you could have damaged anything downstream of the underhood box but you may very well have fried something between that one & the battery.

Good luck.

finally figured it out, burnt the ignition connector were it goes into the turbo timer (i just asked myself what would kill only the ignition) disconnected it, plugged it in like stock and viola it runs

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned