The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AFPR leaking fuel

vtecds1

While taking off the vacuum line, I found small amount of fuel dribbling out. Not a lot, but tear drop size every couple of seconds. I was wondering if anyone ever had the same problem or is it normal. It`s a Fuel Lab 515.

Last edited:

TylerAdamson

Could you be more specific, where is the fuel leaking out of? Is it leaking out of the vacuum nipple, feed line, or the return line?

vtecds1

Sorry, vacuum nipple. Would this cause my car to have idle surge? Currently my car has a hard time starting, I`m guessing this would be the cause of it. I know that the aftermarket afpr eventually bleeds off, but I never had a hard time starting the car until recently.

toybreaker

iconoclast
The frp diaphragm hsa most likely gotten a pinhole in it.

Thos may cause cause many problems, including your hard starting, as the fpr won;t be able to control the fuel pressure .

vtecds1

Just got off the phone with a CSR at Fuel Lab. Told him the situation and a new diaphragm will be sent out today...that`s what I call great service. Should be in by tomorrow or Monday. Now, on to the next problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

vtecds1

Quoting toybreaker:
The frp diaphragm hsa most likely gotten a pinhole in it.

Thos may cause cause many problems, including your hard starting, as the fpr won;t be able to control the fuel pressure .

I really hope it is causing my idle and hard starting problem. I have taken my throttle body apart 4 times now, and I've been messing around with the IPS, TPS, throttle cable and biss for about 2 weeks now.

jepherz

Staff member
I remember Keydiver posting about this issue once. I can't remember which FPR he had the problem with, but I thought there was a design flaw in which one of the fittings was actually puncturing the diaphragm.

Last edited:

vtecds1

^^^I've been searching for the thread but can't seem to find it. I hope it's not the one that I got. But if it is, I guess they will be getting phone calls from me every time it leaks.

JNR

It was an aeromotive and the vacuum fitting end('s threads) protruded too far beyond the wall of the housing, so he ended up having to shave it back (the fitting). I believe it was more of a freak occurence though, but I ended up doing the same to mine, just to be on the safe side...

Best bet is to PM him though, so you could get what happened or what he did straight from him...This was a few years ago I talked to him about it and unfortunately, nothing is saved here beyond a couple years ago, for the most part. He may chime in though, as calling out his name is akin to lighting the bat signal it seems (say it three times in the mirror for best effect tho) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

vtecds1

Problem solved. The diaphragm came in Monday and it took about 15mins to swap them out.I couldn't see any holes on the old one but I don't see any more leaks after the install. Idle is perfect. Thanks fellas and props to FL for the warranty service.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts