The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

strange bog under WOT

so in first gear the car pulls tough but 2,3,4,5th all feel like im hitting a wall. at idle after coming to a stop the idle fluctuates between 680 and 812 rpms then slowly settles to 750. knock sensor under wot shows 12-16. I've searched everywhere in this forum and couldn't find anything similar. any guidance would be appreciated.

Brunoboy

replace the knock sensor? and what mods. and how much boost are you running? fuel cut maybe?

3rdstrikedsm

Boost leak causing "rich knock"?

Yeah definitely need to know the mods and specs on what you are running.

Is the EGR valve still installed? I'm not sure if this could be your problem given the amount of info posted, but I had a problem getting the engine to rev past 6000 in 3rd and 4th gear. I tried all kinds of different things to fix it until I read on a local DSM forum from a guy that does emissions that a bad EGR valve can cause a loss of high RPM power. I installed the block off plate and now hit 7k without problems.

it actually feels slow through the entire power band while in 2-5th gear. and the knock will sometimes reach 30+. wideband showing 10.1 under wot. i have a scanmaster3 but im its my first time have a scanner so im not really sure what im looking for. but for mods i have a evo3 swap with a big 16g turbo(17psi) impalla ss maf, maf translator, fmic, rc 550's, stock crushed bov recirculated, mbc, stock fpr.

SouthCaliVR4

start by checking your cam timing, one could be off a tooth, then check the base timing, make sure your grounding the timing plug. If you havn't done at least the F/P rewire get that done & you should be looking at upgrading pump & fpr, though it sounds like neither is responisble for your current issue. Check the timing.

yea i have a 255 pump. ill check timing, my gun recently broke so i gotta find someone with one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned