The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

'92 radio and cd player help needed

misterfixit

Right people, someone here can help, i know they can.

have dibs with iceman on a '91 radio, but for the dd i need to rectify this:

got this headunit and cd player out of a mk2 pajero, they are the same as for the galant, except the backlight and the writing are in orange. got it as a doa for a steal and have rebuilt the amp board in the head unit, and just put a brand spanking new laser in gd player so its sweet and plays burnt discs that have been around the block a bit.

The reason I'm posting here is I don't like the orange. I hope you guys can help! Whad i need is someone who has a dead pair of units that they don't need and would like shot of. I would like for just the fronts, I'll explain how to pull these apart. Also possibly the main board out of the head unit as USA gets a widerband tuner and I could run my setup without the prerequisite band expander.

So if anyone can help please shout. shipping is a killer to the Uk for whole headunits because of their bulk but the two fronts and the board would ideally just fit in a jiffy bag.

so please shout up if you can, don't mind if i get the radio bit from one place and the cd front from someone else, and actually i could do with a couple of sets as i have 2 cars with the same orange set up at the mo. Model doesn't have to be the same number (mitsu marked different numbers on the same basic radio/cd ) but it does have to be this style!

Many thanks for your help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All we get here are millions of pajeros so these units are fairly common in orange, but my car is white writing and a green backlight.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned